Dyed & Dined Dinner, Marseille
$75 [sold out]
The "Dyed & Dined" Dinner is a collaboration between our neighbors at Marseille and Tennessee textile artist, Maggie Pate. This event is inspired by the idea of sustainable cooking, to use all of an ingredient and to see the potential of food waste.
Chef, Eli Dahlin has created a five-course menu inspired by in-season, local ingredients. The goal of each dish is to emphasize the use of an ingredient in its entirety, illustrated in elements like carrot top pesto, apple skin sorbet, and charred leek tops.
To showcase another use of food waste, we will have textiles accompanying each dish that has been dyed naturally. The place setting will showcase colors created from the same ingredients highlighted in each recipe. Maggie will talk about her process of natural dyeing with food waste throughout the dinner.
- Tartine of roasted broccoli stem, truffle, horseradish, and watercress
- Carrot salad with burrata, tangerine peel, carrot top pesto
- Pumpkin miso soup with pork belly, fermented radish greens, charred leek tops, and egg white noodles
- Ash-roasted celeriac, fried squid, prosciutto tea
- Coffee ground custard, apple skin sorbet with cardamom florentine cookie
Wine Pairing Add-on Available (5 pours)
Please add both items to the cart for checkout
Natural Wine by the bottle or glass will be available